War Is... Edited by Marc Aronson and Patty Campbell.
Plot Summary:
There really is no plot to this book for it includes stories, news articles and letters from several different veterans of wars. It makes the reader realize how brutal war is and how people really did put everything on the line when they fought in battle.
Personal Review:
I got a wake up call in reading about war and what it entails. I won't ever look at things the same way as what happens in battle for the men and women who have experienced that. I understand the frustrations these soldiers and veterans have in hoping that they still stay alive and try to help their fellow comrades to survive as well.
Warnings: Strong swearing and gory details about wounds and dead bodies
Other books by the authors:
Race: A History Beyond Black and White by Marc Aronson
Robert Cormier: Daring to Disturb the Universe by Patty Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment